Saturday, July 23, 2011

Vacation: Yeah! Saturday: July 23rd

Tomorrow I leave for vacation.  That is why I use coupons and save money every place I can.  I love vacation:)
I am hoping that I am able to post the week's coupons before I have to leave, but that may not be possible.  So instead, I'm going to give you a preview of some great deals that start tomorrow!

Walgreens:  Scunci Elastic Hairbands-buy 2 for $3, and receive a $3 Register Reward-FREE
Irish Spring Deodorant-there should be a coupon in Sunday's paper.  If you buy 2, you get a $4 Register Reward.  If you use 2 newspaper coupons--then after the Register Rewards, both are Free.  You notice I say should be in the Sunday paper.  One reason I started this blog was to list the coupons that were actually in the paper, because so often what was listed on a national website, would be completely different than what was in our News Leader.
Walgreens Perfection Tampons-FREE after Register Rewards
Crayola Crayons-FREE after Register Rewards

CVSPaper Mate Grip Pens-FREE after Extra Bucks.  Also remember to check out the items that will net you that $10 gas card.  They give you the choice of receving a CVS gift card instead.

Today's Deal:  Many people don't realize that you can use a Walgreens coupon from the weekly ad, or their in- store coupon book, in conjunction with a manufacturer coupon.  Today I bought a bag of Brach's candy corn that was regularly $1.39,  There was a coupon in their weekly ad, and I had a manufacturer coupon.  I got the candy for 29cts.  If you haven't tried it, candy corn mixed with peanuts is the greatest snack in the world.  My friend Nancy introduced me to that.

Did you know, if you switch from doing your laundry in hot water to cold water, it will save you $157 a year.  I learned that from watching "Wheel of Fortune" tonight, and I'm sure that Pat and Vanna are never wrong:)

Today's Recipe:  Quicky Quesadilla, using shredded cheese on sale this week at Dillons.
On a tortilla, layer Monterey Jack cheese, 2 T. salsa, and shredded cooked chicken.  Top with another tortilla and microwave until cheese melts.  If you use chicken breasts, low fat cheese and wheat tortillas, this can be a very healthy meal.

Anyone who becomes a blog follower while I am on vacation, will be put into a drawing for a year's supply of toothbrushes.  For everyone you refer, who becomes a blog follower, you will get an extra chance.  Good toothbrushes are at least $2 and often more, so this prize is worth at least $25. When you are a follower, you can leave comments on the blog.  The more people who comment and share their great deals, the more all of us can save.  If you refer someone, please email me at booklady500@aol.com

I will be back with you on Friday, when my vacation ends :(  Oh well, as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end :)

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment