Thursday, July 14, 2011

I love FREE:) July 14th: Thursday

Today's Deal:  No shopping today, so I thought I'd tell you how to get "free" things from Walmart.  Go to their website---type: samples-in the searchbox.  The next screen will have Free Samples-underlined-just below the search box.  Click on-Free Samples--then on the next screen---in the middle, will be another box that says-free samples--click on that box, and the next screen will show you what free samples might be available.  Today I sent for a can of dog food, yesterday I sent for some moisturizer.  It's fun to go to the mailbox, when you are getting little freebies.

The other day, when I was talking to my sister in law, she was saying how she just doesn't have time to coupon.  I told her that I agreed with her.  She works full time, keeps up with athletic schedules for 2 very busy daughters, and participates on sports teams herself.  I told her, what she needed to do, was let one of the girls do it.  Then split the savings with them.  It's amazing how eagle eyed children can get when there is money involved.  Besides teaching a child good spending habits, wouldn't you rather give money to your child for good work, instead of a corporation, like Walgreens or CVS.

Today's Recipe:  South of the Border Wings, using chicken wings on sale at Price Cutter.
2 lbs. chicken wings/ 1c. bbq sauce/ 1T chili powder/ 1/2t. garlic powder
Separate wings at joint, and bake at 450 degrees for 35 min., then drain grease.  Mix the other 3 ingredients, and brush wings with mixture.  Bake for another 10 min.

Make Saving Fun :)
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment