Sunday, July 17, 2011

Free Toothpaste: Sunday, July 18th

Today's Deal:  I've told you before that I am not an extreme couponer.  I don't have a life supply of toothpaste.  Not only do I not have a lifetime supply, I realized today, that I don't have any :)  Luckily, Colgate toothpaste was one of the featured items in Dillon's Mega event.  If you purchased 10 items in the chosen categories, they would take 50cts. off each item.  Toothpaste was on sale for 99cts., I had a 50 ct. coupon, which they doubled, so I got it for FREE :).  I had 4 coupons, so I bought 4 tubes.  To reach the required 10 items, I bought 6 single serving pkgs of Velveeta macaroni for 49cts each.  My daughter loves these :)
I paid less than $3 for 4 tubes of toothpaste and 6 single pkgs of Velveeta macaroni.

No luck finding a paper in my area that had a coupon insert.  I'm going to bet there were a lot of unhappy savers this morning.  I had to go back to Walgreens to pick up a prescription, and I noticed they still had stacks of papers left.

Today's Recipe: Dipped Strawberries, on sale at Price Cutter.
Sweet Chocolate/ 1T shortening/ 1 qt strawberries
Microwave chocolate and shortening on medium until melted.  Dip strawberries, place on wax paper and chill.

Make every penny count!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment