Saturday, July 16, 2011

Don't Miss the Fine Print: Saturday, July 16th

Today's Deal:  My deal today was a new swimsuit at JCPenneys.  My daughter and I are going on a vacation at the end of the summer, so I needed a new one.  Penneys had their Delta Burke swimsuits on sale 60% off.  They also had a coupon, where if you spent $50, you got $10 off.  Basically I got the swimsuit at 80% off:)
On the bottom of most Penneys receipts is an invitation to take a survey.  If you take the survey, you can print off a coupon good for 15% off.  This is good for every purchase that you make for an entire day.  You have to fill out the survey within 7 days of your purchase, but the shopping pass lasts for 30 days.
If you have an event that you know you are going to need a new item for---go in and buy something small, like socks or a pair of earrings, go home--fill out the survey on your computer, then come back in and purchase the bigger items that you were wanting.  I knew one woman who did just that when it was time to buy her daughter's prom dress.

If anyone knows of another business that does this sort of thing, please email me so that I can get the word out.  Let's help everyone we know save :)  Email me at booklady500@aol.com

Today's Recipe:  Apple Cream Nut Dip using cream cheese on sale at Dillons.
2 apples/ 1 pkg cream cheese/ 1 cup pecans (finely chopped)
Peel and grate apples. Mix apples, cream cheese and pecans in blender.  Refrigerate-serve with crackers or cookies.  

Check back tomorrow morning to see the latest Sunday papers coupons.
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment