Thursday, July 7, 2011

Great Purses-Cheap :) Thursday: July 7th

Today's Deal:  This is one that I took advantage of yesterday, quite by accident.  I was returning a purse at JCPenneys, when a sales clerk walked by, and making conversation, she said----"That purse is cute.  Why are you returning it?"  I told her that when I got it home, it didn't have the kind of bottom that I liked.  Then I mentioned that I had gotten the one I was carrying at Penneys too, and really liked it.  She glanced at the one I was carrying, and said, "Oh we just marked those to $11.97."  When I went and looked, they had one just like the one I had, except a different color.  They also had a cute black one, with chains on the side for $4.97, that I thought my daughter would like, so I picked it up too.   
If you are at the mall, and have time, I urge you to shop the Penneys clearance racks.  You can find some bargains.  I got a black turtleneck the other day for $1.97.

I was asked yesterday if I shopped everyday.  I absolutely do not :)  That's why some of my entries will say "took advantage of this yesterday".  Then on some days, I may find 2 or 3 really great buys.  The main thing is to keep your eyes open, and check my blog everyday:) for a heads up on what's out there.  I won't post anything that you can't take advantage of too.  That's why I'm blogging.  The national blogs have deals that work somewhere, but not in Springfield.

I think it's important that in today's economy, we share our knowledge of saving money---and when possible share our resources too.  I had several of the Kentucky Fried Chicken Buy1/Get 1 value meal free.  That's 2 meals with drinks for $5.  I knew I wouldn't use them all before they expired.  So I shared with my co-workers.  One girl said she was going out that night to use her coupon.  I love to save money, and I love to help others save it too.

Today's Recipe:  Western Round Up Dip, using Best Choice cheese, on sale at Harter House.
1 pkg. cream cheese/ 1 can chili (without beans)/ 3T. taco sauce/ 1c. grated cheddar cheese/ 1/2c. Mexican blend cheese.
Spread cream cheese in pie plate.  Cover with chili, taco sauce/and cheese.  Bake at 300 for 30 min.

Sharing the Savings,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment