Friday, July 8, 2011

Never too rich/too thin--and you can never have too much :) Friday, July 8th

Today's Deal.  This is a deal that I took advantage of yesterday, but it should be available through Saturday.  At CVS, if you buy $30 of selected products, you get a $10 gas card.  Since our CVS doesn't have a station that qualifies nearby, they are giving a $10 gift card to the store.  There are many products on the list of items that count towards the $30 purchase.  I try to get items that I will buy at some point anyway, and ones that I have a coupon for.
I bought 3 pkgs. of 16 double rolls of Charmin, which were $9.99 each.  To get me over the $30 mark, I also purchased a bottle of Dawn for 99cts.  I had 3-25ct coupons for each pkg of Charmin.  After subtracting the coupons, the 99 cts for the Dawn, and the $10 gift card-----I only paid $6.41 per pkg. of Charmin.
I also scanned my CVS card at their magic coupon machine, and got a free candy bar to boot :)

I judge a good price by the Wal-Mart standard.  At Wal-Mart-12 double rolls of Charmin were $7.57, so I was quite pleased with the CVS price.  I know you are thinking, 48 rolls of toilet paper is a lot of toilet paper----but, I subscribe to the theory of  "You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much toilet paper." :)

Lots of great deals at the JCPenney sidewalk sale.  I got my father a $90 jacket for his birthday, which is in Sept., for only $18, and they had baby sleepers for as low as 97cts.

Today's Recipe:  Quick As a Wink Blueberry Pie, using blueberries on sale at Dillons.
Blueberries/honey/cornstarch/ready made pie crust
Simmer 2 cups blueberries w/  4T. honey and 1 and 1/2T. cornstarch over low heat for 11 min. until berries are tender.  Remove from heat and stir in 2 more cups of berries.  Stir to cool.  Spoon into crust and chill.

Have a great savings weekend,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment