Sunday, July 10, 2011

Register Rewards Game: Sunday, July 10th

Today's Deal:  I have talked previously about the Register Rewards Game that can be played at Walgreens.  There are a few things that you must remember-1)You  cannot use a Register Reward for the same item. (If you buy a Gum Toothbrush, you can't take that Reward and turn around and buy another Gum Toothbrush, or any product made by the Gum company.)  2)Your manufacturer coupons and your Register Rewards cannot exceed the number of items that you purchase.  (If you have 4 bottles of Dove Bodywash, you can use 3 manufacturer coupons and 1 Register Reward.  If you wanted to use another coupon or Reward, you would have to pick up a 5th item---pro couponers call this filler:)  You can pick up a low cost item, like a candy bar, so that you can maximize your savings.
Here is an example of what I did today:  I bought a Gum Toothbrush for $2, and received a $2 Register Reward.  Then I bought a Woman's 6 Blade Shaver-I used a $2 Register Reward, so I only paid $1.99, and I received a $3.99 Register Reward.  Then I bought an Airwick Air Freshener, I had a $4 manufacturer coupon, and I used my $3.99 Register Reward from the shaver.  I had to add a 49ct. candy bar, so that I could use the coupon and the Reward.  So for $4.49 cents I had a toothbrush, a shaver, an air freshener and a candy bar, but :) after buying the air freshener, I received a $3 Register Reward, which brings my out of pocket down to $1.49 plus tax :)  Not bad, huh!
Some people would not want to have 3 separate transactions, but trust me, the clerks at Walgreens are used to it.  If I am going to have more than 2 transactions, I try to be polite and check out in the cosmetics or photo department.  The clerks are just like us---they know how important saving money is.
I know it seems complicated, but trust me, once you get the hang of it---it's easy and worth it.

Today's Recipe:  Nutty Scotchy Delights using Hallam's Peanut Butter on sale at Price Cutter.
6 oz. pkg butterscotch pieces/ 3/4 c. peanut butter/ 2c. salted peanuts
Melt pieces and peanut butter in double broiler.  Add nuts and stir until blended.  Drop by spoon on wax paper.  Chill.

Remember, if you have any great tips to share, or have tried a recipe and liked it---let me know at booklady500@aol.com
Tight times can be made easier if we all help each other.

Here's to the beginning of another week of great savings!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment