Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday: September 12, 2011

I have always been a proponent of saving money, not so I could have a year's supply of deodorant, not so I could have a million dollars in savings; but so that I could save on items that weren't all that important to me---to spend that money on things that were---like a vacation to the Bahamas, or anywhere that has a palm tree :)

To this end, I have urged you to buy as many papers as your coupon usage would pay for.  This week I looked at the Star, and figured out which coupons I was sure that I would use.  Now, keep in mind, I am single, don't cook much, but I do help my children on occasion with grocery items and other sundries. 

These are the coupons from the Star that I will definitely use:
The Airwick coupon for $4---this week with the Register Reward---it's only 99cts.
$1 off 2-8oz. bags of Reese's Pieces--what can I say, I'm weak:)
50cts off Johnson's Baby Powder
$1 off 3 Ziploc Products
$1 off 2 pks. of UP2U gum
$4 off Red Lobster Entrees (did I mention it's Endless Shrimp)
$1 off 4 Totino's pizzas (these are for my college age son)
$1 off 9oz. bag of Pretzel M&M's (there's that weakness again :)
$3 off Body Source Whey Protein (also for my son)
$1 off Truvia Natural Sweetener  (this is to make up for the M&M's and Reese's Pieces :)

From the Star alone---I will save over $17.  Most of these items I buy on a regular basis, and are non-perishable---so I could easily justify buying two or more Star copies at $2 a piece.  In reality, I'm making $15 on each paper.

Sit down, look at the list of coupons and figure out how many papers you could justify purchasing.  It's a fantastic circle---you buy extra papers---newspaper hires more workers due to increased sales-those workers spend their money in the local economy.

Remember, if you come across any great deals---email me at booklady500@live.com
so I can share with everyone

Hope it was a Money Saving Monday :)
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment