Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Yes to Pain/No to Savings:) Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011

I want to apologize for no post yesterday, and for just a short one today. As many of you know, I've had some minor surgery in the last couple of weeks, and the discomfort level has been an up and down thing.  Later if I can get to a lower pain level, I will match up coupons for HyVee and Dillons this week.


As I've posted many times you can't take it with you, so save on the things that don't matter, and spend on experiences that give you joy.

One of the great joys of my life (which is why I weigh 210 lbs) is dining with friends.  A night or two ago I met my friends Jane and Brenda at a local place down town called "The Grad School".  It is located next door to Hoover Music.  Fun atmosphere, good prices, nice service.  I only had fries, because I wasn't all that hungry, but they were delicious.  My friends had a portabello mushroom burger and a turkey burger, and they were pleased also.

So remember, don't save/rebate/etc. so that you can eat canned vegetables for the next 10 years, if you lose your job, or if the economy collapses, or if aliens invade.  Be reasonable---save on the items that are easy to save on for you (everyone has those)--spend to make your life and the lives of others more enjoyable.

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment