Saturday, October 15, 2011

Odd Places for Information :) Saturday, October 15th, 2011

You can find information on how to save money in the oddest places.  I hate to admit the source of my money information saving tips today, but I'm going to "bite the bullet" and tell you anyway.  Today's tips come from the AARP bulletin.  Yes, I am a card carrying member of the AARP :)  I know my friends are shocked, due to the fact that I don't look a day over 29 :) , but it's true.

Tip #1 PUT DOWN THE COOKIE :)  (This was the tip I hated the most :)  AARP contends that healthcare costs are at the heart of our nation's fiscal problems, so keeping yourself healthy is not only beneficial to you, but to the entire nation.

Tip #2 PAY YOUR DEBTS--For me, this wasn't too hard to swallow.  I do that anyway.  I not only pay my own debts, but some of the debts of other people too.  (You know who you are :)---but to give the rest of the world a hint, I gave birth to them :)

Tip #3 WALK, BIKE, SWIM--This goes back to keeping ourselves healthy, but also on reducing costs for fuel, and the maintenance of our environment.

Tip #4 PLAN TO WORK LONGER--How I feel about this tip, probably depends on the day you ask me.  If you ask me after a professional development program, where I am assured, that the new program introduced, will not add to my work load, but will be one that I can simply incorporate into what I am already doing----I will tell you that not only am I not sure that I can work an extra year or two, I'm not for sure if I can work an extra minute or two :)
If you ask me on a day where one of my students has said, "You know, Miss Taylor, when you wear your hair down, you look like a movie star."  (This is a true story by the way.  God would strike me dead immediately if I told a "whopper" this big :)  Well on one of those days, I would tell you that I could probably work another 10 to 20 years longer.

I, personally, found tip #5, so distasteful at the present time, that I couldn't even bear to list it.  If you are interested in reading it, pick up the Oct. 11th issue of the AARP bulletin.

Check back tomorrow for the list of coupons in the NewsLeader and the Star.
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment