Thursday, August 25, 2011

We Can All Use a Hand: Thursday, August 25th

As times get tough, we see more and more people at stoplights and corners with a "work for food" sign.  Some I'm sure are panhandlers, but how do you know?  I'm trying to err on the side of good intentions.  I would never give money.  From working in areas of high poverty, I know that money often goes to cigarettes, alcohol, etc.  But the other day, I had an inspiration.

I told everyone a few weeks ago, how I'd gotten several canisters of Pringles from Walgreens for less than $1.  I had some in my back seat, and the last 2 men I've seen at corners---I've stuck a can of Pringles out the window.  I'm sure they wished it was a $10 bill :), but both were very appreciative.

Think what a great world it would be, if we all just gave each other a can of Pringles:)

There are 3 great coupons at krazycouponlady.com 
One for Staples, one for Shoe Carnival, and one for New York and Co.
These should come in handy for back to school shopping, and updating your fall wardrobe.  Yes, I can almost feel fall in the air.  Such a relief from the horrible summer we had.

Here's wishing you a can of Pringles :)
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment