Monday, August 8, 2011

Teachable Moment :) Monday, August 9th

Lesson for today :)  You don't always have to have a coupon to get a great deal :)


My son is a junior in college.  He just moved into a loft with 3 other boys.  (I'm sure if they were to read this--they would prefer that I call them men, but they are living with my baby :)---so to me they're boys :)

He said that he needed to go to Wal-Mart to get some things they needed.  This is his first year, not living at home, or in the dorm---as I think it is for his roommates, so they are finding out just what it takes to set up house keeping :)

I told him, instead of going to Wal-Mart, meet me at Dollar Tree, and then I would take him to lunch.  We picked up dishes, towels, dishwasher detergent, trash can and a few kitchen utensils.  I had to smile when he said, "This dollar store is great."  And he is right.  Dollar Tree is 10 steps above any other dollar store that I have ever been too.  I always go there if I have to buy a card (2 for $1), or balloons--only $1.  They have really cute balloon designs too.  Perfect for a birthday, or a get-well bouquet.

I hope you have many savings this Monday.
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment