Friday, August 12, 2011

Good As It Gets: Friday, August 12th

Today and tomorrow, JCPenneys is running a $10 off of a $25 purchase.  This gives you a 40% off whatever the regular, sale, or clearance price is.  The key to maximizing this deal is to pay for your purchases in as close to $25 dollar increments as you can.  When I have multiple purchases like this, I try to be considerate of the cashier (who may have been encouraged to discourage multiple transactions), and of the people behind me in the check out line (who I'm quite sure don't want to wait through my many transactions for a wardrobe of school clothes to buy their one pair of underwear :).
Saving money is great, but being courteous is greater.

Also my friend Karen, let me know about a BIG SALE at Red Racks Thrift Store.  Tomorrow they are going to have all shoes and clothing on sale for 98 CENTS.  Doors open at 9.  Red Racks is located in the old Hanks Furniture building, right behind Grizzly.  Karen said she scores terrific things there all the time.

Have a Fun Frugal Friday,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment