Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's a Thrifty Tuesday:) Tuesday. August 9

I went to a workshop today, and noticed one of my colleagues in this really cute blouse, in a color that looked wonderful on her.  I complimented her, and asked where she got it.  She said she bought it on her thrift store shopping day. Now, this person is very attractive, and would look adorable in a gunny sack, but it made me think about what cute things can be found in thrift stores for unbelievable prices.

A few years ago a friend of mine got married in Eureka Springs.  Her dress was gorgeous, you could have worn it on the red carpet.  When I asked where she got it, she said a local thrift shop.  It had had a small stain on it, but since she could sew, she just designed a small flower to cover it.

Another friend gets gorgeous jewelry at the $1 Jewelry Shop at the corner of National and Battlefield.

If you know of a great little out of the way place where good deals can be found, email me at booklady500@aol.com, and I will share.

Maybe since the heat has broken a bit, we can all save a little on our air conditioning:)
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment