Saturday, February 11, 2012

Competition Leads to Excellent Services & Prices: Saturday, Feb. 11th

In last week's paper, Dillon's advertised $50 in FREE groceries if you transferred a prescription.  I had a script that was due for a re-fill, so I thought why not.
Dillon's called the pharmacy that had been filling my script, and I picked it up today.  They put $50 on my Dillon's Plus Card.  I saw a sign, that said when you purchase $100 in groceries at Dillon's, you get 10cts. off per gallon of gas purchased.
I wasn't aware that Dillon's even had a gas station, but in front of their St. Louis & National location they do, and when you have 100 points on your plus card, you get 10cts off per gallon.  While probably not convenient for everyone, works great for me because it is near one of my work locations.
I'm sure these great deals are in response to the new Hyvee across the street on Battlefield, we (the customers) are the winners.
The other thing I noticed is how friendly the staff at the West Battlefield store was.  I've been to this particular location several times, and while I've never had bad service, I've never experienced the friendliness that I experienced today.  I even had an employee offer to help me empty my cart onto the conveyor belt at the cash wrap.  I've never had that offer of service anywhere.
In our slow economy, not only are great prices needed, but great service is a wonderful plus.
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment