Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Check it Out, Before Deciding: Wednesday, February 15th, 2012

I have been a "dyed in the wool" Penney's shopper.  I worked there for many years, so of course with my employee discount, I got great deals.  No one loved those coupons more than me.  My close friends know this to be one of the truest statements that I have ever written :)

Well, as many of you know from the ads that you have seen, Penney's is changing the way they do business.  No more coupons!  When I heard that news, my heart nearly broke in two.  Many of my friends, would stop and talk with me, because of all the years that I worked there, and asked what I thought.  Like them, I was very skeptical.  Without the coupons, how could Penney's offer the great deals that I was used to getting.

One of my very best friends, Barb, who still works at Penney's kept telling me, that from everything she was learning, this was going to be a good thing.  I wanted to believe her, after all she is one of my closest pals, but I was afraid she was just being optimistic because she still worked there.

Well--Barb was right!  (By the way, Barb is usually right about anything we discuss, so this wasn't her first time to be right :)  I went into Penney's last Saturday, because I had an item to return.  I didn't have plans to do any shopping at all.  I was just going to look things over, to see how different everything was.

I am pleased to report that I will still be a "dyed in the wool" Penney's shopper, and left that day with several shirts and a pair of earrings that I got for $2 each.  The store has a new open floor plan, which I just love.  The signs are easy to read, and as you can tell from my previous sentence--the prices are still going to be fantastic.

The ads are now saying that the newest markdowns will now be made on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of every month.  This Friday is the 3rd Friday of the month, so make plans to shop at the new JCP.  I don't think you will be disappointed.  I sure wasn't!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment