Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday: June 28

Today's Deal:  CVS has Brilliant tampons on sale for $6.79, with a $6.79 Extra Bucks coupon after purchase.  I had $6.49 in Extra Bucks from purchases I had made last week.  So my out of pocket expense was only 30 cents, and I left the store with $6.79 in Extra Bucks to use for my next purchase.
(Don't you think "Brilliant" is an odd name for a brand of tampon.  Figure out a way for us to skip the whole thing, then we'll talk "Brilliant" :)

I was asked how many papers I buy each week, and that all depends on what the coupons are.  This week the News-Leader had great coupons for me, and the KC Star only average.  So I bought several News-Leaders, and only a couple of copies of the Star.  If I buy extra papers, I never throw them away.  This week I walked around the outside of my apartment complex, and when I saw anyone sitting on their patio---I gave them one.  The look of surprise on a stranger's face, when you offer them a paper is pretty comical.  I gave the rest away at work. 
Just think if everyone couponed and purchased 4 papers instead of just one.  The News Leader would have to hire more staff, thus boosting our local economy.  The key is, make sure the coupons are good enough for you to justify the cost of the paper.  That is the main reason I decided to print what coupons are in which paper.  I hate to buy a paper, then find out it didn't have the coupon I wanted.

Today's recipe:  Butter-0 Heaven  using Edy's ice cream on sale at Dillon's.
Line 12x9 baking pan with crushed Oreos.  Cover with thick layer of ice cream.  Crush 2 Butterfingers and sprinkle over top of ice cream. Cover and freeze until ready to serve. Candy bars, cookies, and ice cream---is this not the perfect recipe :)

Until we save again :)
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment