Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday: June 24

My saving tip today has to do with something that I did a few weeks ago.  I was in a store that had a pad of manufacturer coupons that advertised, "Buy 2 Candy Bars, and Get a Dr. Pepper Free".  Candy bars weren't on sale at the time, but the coupon had an expiration date in October, so I knew I could hold on to the coupon until I found candy on sale.  Candy did go on sale at Walgreen's for 39 cents.  I got 2 bars and a Dr. Pepper for 80 cents.  Look for coupons everywhere, if you see one that you are sure you will use, take a couple, even if you don't plan to use it that day.  A manufacturer coupon can usually be used anywhere that product is sold.

Today's recipe:  using bratwurst which are on sale at Harter House for $2.49 lb.
Ingredients:  Brats, flour tortillas, German mustard, sliced muenster cheese, dill pickles slices, yellow onion
Slice cooked brats into 1/4 in. slices
Spread  top and bottom tortilla with mustard. 
On bottom tortilla layer cheese, brat slices, pickle, onion then another layer of cheese, cover with top tortilla.  Press down on top tortilla, then grill over medium heat until cheese is melted.  Slice into wedges and serve.

Save with you later,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment