Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday: June 25, 2011

30 people have looked at my blog, and it's only 4 days old.  That makes me very happy:)

Today's great deal was at CJ and Christopher Banks.  CJ has khaki skirts (wrinkle free) on sale for $9.99.  Be sure and call before you go out there, they only had a few.  Their plain jewel neck tees are 9.99 at Christopher.  I'm a CJ on bottom and a Christopher on top :)  The staff at both stores are very friendly.

Tomorrow CVS will begin their sale for the week.  CVS has started having their sales from Sun. - Fri.  Odd I know, and the clerk I spoke with said it is going over like a lead balloon.  Beginning tomorrow CVS will have "Rephresh Brilliant Tampons" for $5.79, with a $5.79 Extra Bucks rebate.  There is also a coupon at their website for $1 off, so this could be a money maker. (Brilliant coupon.com)  Remember CVS writes rainchecks.  You can use Extra Bucks to pay for an item, as long as it isn't the same item.  (Example: You couldn't use an Extra Bucks tampon rebate to pay for another box of tampons.)  By the way, that isn't a typo on "refresh", that's the way it's spelled on the product.

Today's recipe:  Using Kroger 51-60 pc. shrimp on sale for $5.99 at Dillons.
Take 3/4 cup of chipotle marinade and lime juice.  Put shrimp and marinade mixture in a resealable bag.  Put in frig. for 30 min.  Save marinade mixture for brushing when you put everything on the grill.
After taking out of of frig., put shrimp on skewer and sear to warm them.

On one skewer put vegetables and chunks of either fresh or canned pineapple. Brush fruit and vegetables with marinade also.  Grill until desired tenderness.


I do have to point out that Dillon's has there swim noodles on sale for $1.29.    Great deal!

Tomorrow I will list the coupons that are in the Sunday News Leader, and the Kansas City Star.  I will do my best to have posted by 9a.m.  Walgreens does sell New Leaders for $1.25 and KC Stars for $2.00.  You can use Register Rewards to pay for these.

Many people say they don't have time to use coupons, they are busy.  Believe me, I know about busy.  I pluck my eyebrows in the rear view mirror :)  Even if you only use $1.00 a week, that's $52 dollars a year.  That could mean a nice dinner out, another time at the movies, etc.  I'm not an "extreme couponer", if I can do it, then anyone can.

Save with you later,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment