Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday: June 23rd

Today's great deal comes from CVS.  They had Colgate toothpaste for $2.79, that printed off a $2 Extra Bucks coupon, so basically you were getting it for 79 cents.  I had a CVS coupon which gave me another $1 off, and a manufacturer coupon for another $1 off.  So they paid me $1.21 to buy toothpaste.  You can't beat that.

To receive the Extra Bucks, you must sign up for their customer loyalty card, but as you can see from the illustration above, it's well worth it.
Two other great buys I made there:  Powerade 5 for $5-with a $2 Extra Bucks rebate, which made those 60 cents a bottle.  Various varieties of Mars candy and Wrigley's gum had a promotion of "Buy $10 and get $3 Extra Bucks" rebate.  I purchased 10 packages of fun bars and gum for around 75 cents a package.

I also had $9 in Extra Bucks from a previous shopping trip, so with coupons and Extra Bucks, I was only out $7 out of pocket for the toothpaste, 5 Powerades and 10 packages of candy.  And I left the stores with $7 in Extra Bucks to use on my next purchase.  7 dollars spent,  minus $7 dollars gained, means today I received all of those items for free.

The key is to use Extra Bucks on items that give back Extra Bucks for the least out of pocket expense.


The great thing about CVS is they will write rain checks for Extra Bucks items that they are out of.  Today I had them write a rain check for Hershey's Bliss chocolates and Gum lozenges.  Both of those items will be free when they are back in stock.

The other great deal that I used today was a restaurant certificate for $20,  that I only paid $10 for.  The certificate was to "Old Chicago Pizza".  I printed this coupon off one of the social networking sites.  If you would like to join that site, email me at booklady500@aol.com, and I will send you the link.  My friend Ann and I went to lunch, and I definitely made a believer out of her.  I am emailing her the link today.  We had a delicious lunch, Oriental Chicken Salad and Pizza, with the most wonderful strawberry cheesecake that I have ever put in my mouth.  We had a good time for a good price.  Who could ask for more :)

Today's recipe:  using "Best Choice" shell macaroni on sale at Price Cutter 10 for $10.
Bacon Macaroni and Cheese:  3 cups macaroni, 4 slices bacon, 2 T. flour, 2 cups milk, 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 350.
Cook macaroni and bacon, save bacon drippings.
Add flour to drippings, stir in milk, bring to a boil, stir 3-5 min. until thickened.
Stir in one cup cheddar and the parmesan cheese, cook until melted.  Add bacon and macaroni.
Spoon into 1 and 1/2 qt. casserole dish.  Top with remaining cheddar.  Bake 20 min.

Save with you later,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment