Friday, March 30, 2012

Old is Good! Friday, March 30th, 2012

I don't mind being old, if it saves me money :), so when I turned 50, I applied for my AARP card.  It costs $17 a year to belong, but you more than make that up in savings at different locations.  I saved $3 on a $12 purchase today at Walgreens.

Walgreens publishes a monthly coupon book, and I just noticed today, when I was looking through it, that if you purchased $10 of Walgreens Brand items (which also includes their new NICE brand), you would get a $3 Register Reward.

The only thing I needed was antacids (I have a sensitive tummy :), so I bought one large container for home, and one small container to carry in my car.  The store brand is cheaper, it works just as good, and with the Register Reward, I got a great deal!

One other thing about Tums or any antacids---years ago I was sitting in a doctor's office in Fordland, and read a sign on the wall that said, taking Tums a week before your menstrual cycle could ease your PMS symptoms.  Now fortunately those days are over for me, but I used to grow horns the week before my period.  When I remembered to start taking Tums about a week before my cycle started, I could tell a real difference.  Give it a try, you might be really surprised.  I know I was.

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment